INFORMATION TO THE AUTHORS
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the ISATE 2020 conference was postponed to 2021 (to be called ISATE 2021).
The Full Papers and Workshop Descriptions submitted according to the First ISATE 2020 Call for Papers (available here) have been peer-reviewed and the final submission has been completed and closed. The accepted contributions will transferred directly to ISATE 2021. The authors of these papers have been notified.
The Second Call for Papers for ISATE 2021 has been published and is available here. The Second Call abstract submission is open until January 22, 2021.
Different categories of sessions
- Interactive 60 minutes workshop with active methods in virtual platform/via online connection (e.g., Zoom).
- Pre-preparations for authors: planning the interactive online implementation based on the paper.
Paper presentations (three possibilities):
1) Traditional presentations
- Traditional paper presentations in virtual platform/via online connection (e.g., Zoom).
- There will be from three to four 15 minutes presentations of papers in each session. Each presenter will have 10-12 minutes for presentation and 3-5 minutes for discussion. Session chair keeps the time and gives the floor for questions and comments.
- Pre-preparations for authors: Preparing an oral online presentation with Power Point slides.
- Short pitches and interactive discussion with presenters and participants hosted by session chair in virtual platform/via online connection (e.g., Zoom).
- There will be from four to six five minutes pitches of papers and after the pitching part, 25-30 minutes for discussion. Session chair keeps the time and the conversation ongoing and gives the floor for questions and comments.
- Pre-preparations for authors: Preparing a 6–8-minute presentation of paper in the form of pre-recorded video of Power Point presentation and five minutes oral pitch of the key outcomes, ideas for the others and topics for session discussion.
- Poster session including eight to ten posters of papers in virtual platform/via online connection (e.g., Zoom).
- Pre-preparations for authors: Preparing an electronic poster of paper and to present the poster for participants visiting in the stand. The template of poster will be shared later.
ISATE committee will nominate the session chairs for each presentation sessions
Important Dates (Second Call for Papers)
CALL FOR PAPERS - Educating Future Innovators
The main theme of the conference is Educating Future Innovators. The needs of and the competencies required by working life are changing. In addition to subject knowledge, future employees need to master customer-centric thinking, creativity, cooperation skills and tolerance of diversity and uncertainty. Innovation pedagogy is a learning approach that enhances the innovation competences of individuals and groups. Innovation pedagogy aims to improve students’ innovation competences by integrating teaching with research and development activities and collaboration with working life operators. This approach enables producing professional expertise that facilitates participation in the innovation processes of working life.
Proposals for contributions to the Paper and Workshop categories are welcome on topics relevant to technology education and to the conference themes. The presentation format of the paper contributions is a podium session with active discussion facilitation. Please see the detailed Call for Papers here: